Monday, December 3, 2007

Kroger Money-Maker: Fleischmann's Yeast

Yeast is about the last thing I'd expect to be a money-maker, but at the moment it is. There have been recent coupons (in 10/7, 11/4 and 12/2 inserts) for $.45 off a three-pack of Fleischmann's yeast. The in-store prices vary, from $1.29 up. The $.45 coupon doubles, bringing the cost down $.90. But the best part is the Catalina--a $.50 Catalina prints when the yeast is scanned at the register and it doubles when used on a later order. You can roll the Catalina and do the deal over and over again. Even if you don't have many yeast coupons, it's still an okay deal with just the Catalinas. Here's how it worked for me:

$1.69 (on sale)
- .90 (doubled coupon)
.79
- 1.00 (doubled Catalina)
(.21) overage

I rolled it several times after my coupons were gone, so my end price was higher per packet. I don't know how long this Catalina deal is good--reports have varied from 12/3 to 12/9.

For more money-saving ideas, check out Crystal's blog at Biblical Womanhood.

0 comments: