Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chocolate Apple Cake

This is not the most frugal recipe I've ever used, but since I mentioned it in my other apple post, I thought I'd share. :-) The chocolate-apple-cinnamon combination may sound weird--it did to me--, but the results are amazing!

Chocolate Apple Cake

2 C. grated apple
2 C. sugar
1 C. butter, softened
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 T. vanilla
3/4 C. semisweet chocolate chips
1 3/4 C. white flour
1 C. whole-wheat flour
3 T. baking cocoa
1 t. baking soda
2 t. ground cinnamon

Combine apples and one cup of the sugar and allow to rest one hour. In a separate bowl, cream butter with the remaining cup of sugar. Beat in eggs, water, apple mixture, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Fold into wet mixture. Pour into greased 9" x 13"cake pan. Bake in oven preheated to 325 until cake tests done (about 55-70 minutes).

0 comments: