I love using gift bags because they're fun and reusable. Here are instructions to make your own...
brown paper bag (size depends on how large you want to make the gift bag)
glue or paste
drawstring or ribbons
rolls of gift paper (use heavier gift paper for larger bags, and lighter weight for smaller bags)
1. Open the seams of the brown paper bag, making sure you also open the bottom folded area.
2. Place the roll of paper on a table, with the cut brown paper bag on top. Trace around the brown paper.
3. Fold the decorated paper the same way that the brown paper was folded. This will make your bag.
4. Put a slit at each corner of the extra paper fold down at the top of the bag. Do the same thing with the bottom. Paste or glue the folded areas. Smooth with your hands as you paste.
5. Make a hole on either side of the bag on top. Insert the rope or string to create the handles.
Gift bag instructions thanks to wikiHow. For more Make-it-Yourself Monday features, click here.