Monday, June 23, 2008

Make-it-Yourself Monday: Play Dough

I have fond memories of making play dough when I was a kid. Here are a couple recipes to try out...

Edible Play Dough
Adapted from WikiHow

12 oz. creamy peanut butter
6 T. honey
1 1/2 C. nonfat dry milk

Mix all ingredients until dough is easy to handle. If dough is too sticky, add more dry milk in small amounts.

Plain Play Dough
Adapted from Fun Baby Games

1 1/2 C. salt
1 1/2 T. cooking oil
1 T. cream of tartar
3 C. boiling water
3 C. flour

Mix salt, oil, cream of tartar and water in a large bowl. Add flour. Stir well until the mixture leaves the sides of the owl. Add more flour if the mixture seems too sticky. Turn out to knead. Store in airtight container.

2 comments:

Jes A. Bella said...

That is so funny! My mother was just saying over the weekend how Play Dough is the wonder toy for kids. If they make a mess you just let it dry and sweep it up! Great Tip! I think I will use this for Baby's first B-Day!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I love the peanut butter recipe. I did that a little while back but I think we ate more of it than we played with.