Continuing last week's theme of fun, simple playthings for kids, here are instructions for sidewalk chalk. This recipe is compliments of familyeducation.com.
1 C. plaster of Paris
1 C. water
Powdered tempera paint
Mold for chalk (small paper cups, ice cube trays, toilet paper rolls, etc.)
1. In a large bowl, mix the water and plaster of Paris together.
2. Add the powdered tempera paint to the mixture.
3. Once the paint has been mixed in well, set it aside for a few minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the mold and let it dry. This can take from several hours to a day or more, depending on the size of the mold. The bigger the mold, the longer it will take to dry.
5. Once the mold is dry, remove the chalk. If the chalk is still moist, let it air dry for another 24 hours.
For more Make-it-Yourself Monday features, click here.