Saturday, February 16, 2008

Walgreens scenarios: February 17-23

With all of the awesome deals to be had at Walgreens this week, I wanted to offer some specific ideas on how to get the most bang for your buck.

Scenario #1: Mascara, Twizzlers & Razor

I've edited this scenario because the Twizzlers didn't ring up as I'd originally thought.

Buy:

4 Jane mascaras (4.99 each)
6 Twizzlers (2/3.00)
1 Fusion Phenom razor (9.99)

Use these coupons:

4 $2 Jane
1 $4 Phenom (1/10 paper insert)
2 B2G1 Twizzlers (tearpad at Kmart)
Twizzlers 7-day coupon
Twizzlers IVC (page 2)
Jane IVC (page 7)

Cost: 1.96, plus tax.

Resulting RRs: $6 Phenom

For the best value, do this deal on 2/22 or 2/23, and you might get an additional $5 RR on the Phenom.

Scenario #2: Mascaras, ChapStick & razor

Buy:

Venus Embrace razor (9.99)
6 Jane mascaras (4.99 each)
ChapStick Naturals ($2)

Use these coupons:

$2 Venus Embrace (2/17 paper insert)
6 $2 Jane
Jane IVC (page 7)

Cost: .96, plus tax

Results in: 9.99 EasySaver rebate, $2 RR (ChapStick), and, if done on 2/22 or 2/23, $5 RR (razor).

CentsibleSawyer offers several scenarios here, with a total OOP of under $10.

Are there specific things you're trying to work into your deals this week? It's a great week to incorporate extra items, due to the possibility for Jane overage.

6 comments:

Mercedes said...

I will probably use my last phenom coupon on friday or saturday evening and get *crossing fingers* two rrs. Then I'll use those rrs and a combination of jane mascara coupons to get the last Kimberly clark product I need to apply for that offer in the esr with hopefully very little oop.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I'm a new reader...what's "IVC" stand for?

Lyndi said...

why do you think there will be a $5RR with the razors?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beth: IVC stands for Instant Value Coupon, the coupons in the EasySaver booklet at Walgreens. (You might be interested in our Frugality Glossary of Terms, too.)

Lyndi: There was a Catalina printout with the details of the razor promotion (dates, products included, etc.).

Denise Sawyer said...

Thanks for linking to me! I am new at this so I was thrilled to see someone mention my ideas! I read your blog often (I have you on my blogroll). Keep up the good work!