Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Check your credit report!

Do you know what your credit report looks like at the moment? It had probably been a couple of years since I checked mine, so I recently ordered reports from all three credit reporting agencies. My reports all looked pretty much as expected and I'm free to not think about it again for a while.

Whatever your current credit status (out of debt, paying off debt...) and whether or not you use credit cards, I'd highly recommend you check your credit report. You can order each bureau's report once a year for free. Some people like to check one report each four months, others order all three at once.

However often you choose to do it, you can check it online at AnnualCreditReport.com or you can call them to order: 877-322-8228. (They may try to sell you on getting your credit score, too, but don't let it confuse you--your credit report is free.)

0 comments: