Monday, May 19, 2008

Make-it-Yourself Monday: Crepes

Crepes are a lovely treat and homemade ones can be delicious. With strawberries in season now, it's a great time to serve up crepes with whipped cream and strawberries. Or use your creativity to come up with other tantalizing fillings. The following recipe was originally from Recipezaar.

Crepes

1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. flour
2 eggs
1 T. oil
2 T. sugar

1. Mix together milk, eggs, oil and sugar.

2. Add flour until combined.

3. Heat a nonstick skillet on high. Remove from heat, pour 1/4 cup batter onto skillet, tilt pan to spread batter.

4. When crepe is dry on top, turn onto paper towels. Repeat steps with remaining batter.

5. Serve with fruit, whipped cream, syrup, anything! If you want savory crepes, omit the sugar in the recipe.

For more Make-it-Yourself Monday features, click here.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yummm! My mom used to always make crepes growing up and I have never attempted to make them! I think I will make them sometime this week. Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading your blogs and you are on my blogroll =) Have a great week!

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

I have been "stealing" recipes off your site the last few weeks. They have been SUCH a life-saver! I'll add this one to the bunch!