Thursday, May 8, 2008

Coupon organization

I recently mentioned that I was renewing my coupon organization, and thought I'd share my system. There are lots of great ideas out there, but this is what has worked for me.


1. Obtain a small plastic box and plastic file dividers (as pictured).

2. Make a list of coupon categories. You'll have to decide how technical to get--mine are rather general: Canned, Dairy, Meals, Mouth, Hair, etc.


3. Separate categories into Food and Non-food. Alphabetize Food and Non-food categories separately.


4. Label plastic dividers with category names (I keep my Food coupons in front, Non-food in the back).

5. Put your name and phone number on the inside cover of your coupon file. I've heard way too many "lost coupon box" stories... :-)

How do you organize your coupons? What helps you stay on top of it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered how to use those little folders. Thanks for letting us know how a real person does it!

Marin said...

Do you keep it in your car or at home? I have 3 separate coupon folders, two of which are in my purse. Bulky, but I always seem to want a coupon when I least expect it!

Lisa in ND said...

I'm still trying to figure this one out, but in today's SmartSource insert there is a coupon for up to $20 off any OneTouch Blood Glucose Monitoring System. In the Walgreen's ad, the Ultra2 model is on sale for $29.99 with a $29.99 mail in rebate, making it free. Could this possibly be a $20 money maker?

Now I am not diabetic, so I don't need the monitor. I would have to figure out what to do with it so it wouldn't go to waste. My dad is diabetic, so maybe he could use it.

What do you think? Am I missing something?

Lisa in ND

Unknown said...

Marin,

I generally keep my coupon box in my car--that way I have it with me when I need it.

Lisa,

I wish it would work, but in my experience with attempting to make money on a glucose monitoring system, it didn't. They would not send the rebate because I used the coupon on the glucometer. (Most companies don't seem to work that way, but I've heard that they tend to be extra picky with the glucose monitoring systems.)