I recently mentioned that I was renewing my coupon organization, and thought I'd share my system. There are lots of great ideas out there, but this is what has worked for me.
1. Obtain a small plastic box and plastic file dividers (as pictured).
2. Make a list of coupon categories. You'll have to decide how technical to get--mine are rather general: Canned, Dairy, Meals, Mouth, Hair, etc.
3. Separate categories into Food and Non-food. Alphabetize Food and Non-food categories separately.
4. Label plastic dividers with category names (I keep my Food coupons in front, Non-food in the back).
5. Put your name and phone number on the inside cover of your coupon file. I've heard way too many "lost coupon box" stories... :-)
How do you organize your coupons? What helps you stay on top of it?